NOGDUS $1670.00 has been donated to NOGDUS!
May 22, 2017, 02:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Help Request) Hello! can you help me?  (Read 6531 times)
Richard Marks
Administrator

Respect: 3425
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 04:37:11 PM »

I think I'm finished with the implementation of the engine... I need to go create a Win32 project in Visual Studio and go see if my all-night insane coding spree paid off and if we have engine or errors  Grin

I'll edit this post with the answer.. hang on...loading XP...*waits*  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

*edit1* ...okay a few errors slipped past me. coding with no sleep is a bad idea. Cheesy ..I am fixing them now.

*edit2* hmm, okay errors fixed, now I am trying to track down the logic bug that is preventing my shiny title bitmap from being displayed. Its hell writing stuff like this off the top of your head when you haven't done it in a while. Cheesy pure Win32 GDI ...god its been years since I've done this sort of thing.
Anyway, the good news? The engine works.
The bad news? The engine doesn't seem to be drawing the images like it should be.

Don't worry though, I'll figure out this retarded windows issue soon enough and you will have a cool little engine for making simple Win32 GDI games with.

cursebox
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 10:19:01 PM »

o'ryt! go go go! Grin Grin Grin Grin
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 12:22:55 AM »

Thanks to a clue from Redslash to find that logic bug, I was able to finish the engine framework.
So thats finally done.

Features
  • Object Oriented Design
  • Double Buffered Rendering System
  • Named Game State System
  • Sprite Blitting System
  • High-resolution Timing System
  • Input Handling System

Click here to download the engine source .zip

I used Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard, and the project files are included, as well as the title.bmp for the demo.

At the moment it just displays a title.bmp and waits for you to press either ESC to quit, or the SPACEBAR to play.
Once in the play game state, there will be a dark gray screen, and you can press ESC to return to the title state,
or P to enter the paused state (which is not implemented, and will just give you a message box saying so, instead of a horrible crash)

If you want you can run with this according to the rules stated in the source code.
I can show you a way to implement the "game" that you were making, but for right now, I need a break from all this GDI stuff.

Go play and learn from the new engine you've got now, and post any questions you have.

cursebox
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 07:02:35 AM »

woweee! thanks! you're the best!

about the license thing. I don't sell stuffs, i can't remember a single thing in my whole life that i ever sold. I'm still young and my parents answer for my financial needs, so, money is not my problem (atleast not for now). With that, i vow to you that i will not sell your codes nor circulate/distribute/spread to the world and tell lies that i made it my own or stuffs like that. I will only use it for the purpose of self-teaching myself and not for business. If ever i redistribute a modified code i will GLADLY put the name of the original author which is "RICHARD MARKS".

I'll start studying the code now.. i hope i don't get confused. Grin Grin
anyway, thanks again!
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »

Enjoy!
And let me know if you have any questions.
Smiley

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: