Change of Course

(1/1)

WhoNeedszzz:
Ok everyone, Richard and I have realized that python is an awesome language (so still learn it on the side) but is really hard to distribute. Use python for your own personal programs that you don't need to distribute. For instance, I am using python to maintain a program that keeps track of how much I have gotten paid at my job. Do stuff like that.

Now to the real stuff. Richard and I have started learning C# and integrating DirectX with it to make game programs (2D at the moment) and it is going pretty good. I have found that C# is quite an interesting language, very similar to java so all of you who know java and like it will be just fine in C#. On the other hand, C# and DirectX only work well in Windows (Winblows) and so linux is not useful for this. We still strongly advise getting linux (preferably Xubuntu) and learning how to use it as it is a great OS and is STABLE and expandable. There are so many FREE applications and extensions to linux it is amazing.

So those of you still interested in working together to make games come into the channel in IRC and visit the forums often again. I really would like to work TOGETHER and make some cool homebrew games. :) 

Richard Marks:
You already know my stand on this.  ;D

I'm in it all the way.

darkstarbane:
Whats up guys. Yeh i havent had the net in a while at home we had some issues with our block so im getting on from work now. I have printed out an Ebook on C# and started to work with it. If anyone has a free IDE (i cant Download one fom home that i cna use that would be great.)

I am still using Allegro and C++ mainly and i am working on some simple stuff like a 2d vert scroller at the moment. But C# and VB 6.0 are still ones i plan on getting heavier into. It might take me some time to learn (probably not it looks freakin easy) bbut ill be down for some light work seeing as how i wont be able to get on as frequently as i might like to. Ill give you a call today to touch base.

Richard Marks:
Quote from: darkstarbane on January 10, 2008, 03:47:34 PM

Whats up guys. Yeh i havent had the net in a while at home we had some issues with our block so im getting on from work now. I have printed out an Ebook on C# and started to work with it. If anyone has a free IDE (i cant Download one fom home that i cna use that would be great.)

I am still using Allegro and C++ mainly and i am working on some simple stuff like a 2d vert scroller at the moment. But C# and VB 6.0 are still ones i plan on getting heavier into. It might take me some time to learn (probably not it looks freakin easy) bbut ill be down for some light work seeing as how i wont be able to get on as frequently as i might like to. Ill give you a call today to touch base.

Hey Rafael! Glad you called. :D Been worried about you with all that fire and shit. Hope your holidays were good.
Get Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Its FREE. (All the Express editions are)

I'd love to see the Allegro stuff you have been working on.
Get your own 100MB webspace at www.googlepages.com Its free, and easy to use.
We (Michael and I) use it for file storage, and different things.

I'm working on porting Adventures of TJ to C#/XNA with Jeff currently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index