NOGDUS $1670.00 has been donated to NOGDUS!
June 29, 2017, 05:50:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial - Creating Black Flame Text  (Read 6308 times)
Richard Marks
Administrator

Respect: 3425
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »

Tutorial - Creating Black Flame Text

This tutorial is for Paint Shop Pro 7, but if you know your software tools, you should be able to follow this tutorial with just about any image software that supports layers & effects. Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET are a few that I have been able to recreate the images without too much deviation.

I am going to show you how to create the effect that I used to create this image:

Step 1. Create a new image.

Step 2. Add some white text to your image.
Make sure that you create the text as vector otherwise the text will not be placed in a new layer.

Step 3. Next you need to setup your layers. If your Layer Palette Window is not visible, click the View menu, then Toolbars, place a checkmark in the Layer Palette box, and click the close button.
The Layer Palette Window should be visible, and will look like this:

Step 4. Right-click the vector layer (Layer 1). Choose Convert to Raster Layer.

The Layer Palette Window will now look like this:

Step 5. Right-click the new converted raster layer (Layer 1). Choose Duplicate.

Step 6. Right-click the new raster layer (Copy of Layer 1). Choose Duplicate.

Step 7. Right-click each layer and choose Rename.
Rename each of the layers to look like the following image:

Step 8. Select the REDBLUR layer, and click the Effects menu, choose the 3D Effects option, then Drop Shadow...

Step 9. In the Drop Shadow Window, set the Vertical and Horizontal positions to zero. Set the Opacity to 100. Set the Blur to 6. Choose a nice red color, and click OK to apply the Drop Shadow effect to the REDBLUR layer. The Drop Shadow Window will look like this:

The image will look like this afterwards:

Step 10. Select the YELLOWBLUR layer, and click the Effects menu, choose the 3D Effects option, then Drop Shadow...

Step 11. In the Drop Shadow Window, set the Vertical and Horizontal positions to zero. Set the Opacity to 100. Set the Blur to 3. Choose a nice red color, and click OK to apply the Drop Shadow effect to the YELLOWBLUR layer. The Drop Shadow Window will look like this:

The image will look like this afterwards**:

** Note that I am only showing the YELLOWBLUR layer in this image.

The image will look like this when the REDBLUR and YELLOWBLUR layers are visible:

Step 12. Select the TEXT layer, and click the Colors menu, choose the Negative Image option.

The final image will look like this after you apply the negative color filter to the TEXT layer:

I hope that you have enjoyed reading and following this little How-To.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: