NOGDUS $1670.00 has been donated to NOGDUS!
August 23, 2017, 08:11:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 2883 times)
Regretfulone
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »

Hey all I am new to the site. I just started to learn game programming this summer, but I am looking at it as a career. *awkward silence* I don't know what else to say so  ><
Richard Marks
Administrator

Respect: 3425
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »

Welcome to NOGDUS!

If there is anything that you need, don't hesitate to ask.

WhoNeedszzz

Respect: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:17:48 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Regretfulone. I'm the global mod here so talk to me about anything related to that unless it's better suited for Richard.

MJC
Regretfulone
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:38:50 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Regretfulone. I'm the global mod here so talk to me about anything related to that unless it's better suited for Richard.

Thanks I'm sure I'll need a little help along the way as I go so I might be contacting you.  Smiley
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »

Thanks I'm sure I'll need a little help along the way as I go so I might be contacting you.  Smiley

WhoNeedszzz is not a Windows programmer just an FYI, so any questions regarding Windows you should direct my way.
I'm not a Windows programmer either (anymore) but I have done more than my fair share of Win32/DirectX code in my days.
These days I am primarily a Linux programmer, though I will write anything that is needed for anything.

I'm the Administrator here just as a note in case you didn't know.

Enjoy your time here at NOGDUS, and feel free to ask any questions you like. There is no such thing as a stupid question, nor will you ever be treated differently because of your skill level.

Newbie is not a derogatory term around here.
I am an expert at many things, but still a newbie in a few.
It doesn't make me any better than anyone else, and I like it to be kept that way.
There is no "I'm a better programmer so you suck" attitude around here, and if ANYONE treats you that way then tell me immediately as that is a major offense in my eyes and I will NOT tolerate it at all.

Regretfulone
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »

Ok thanks I really appreciate your help guys. And yes I knew you were the Admin. But ok I didn't know he wasn't a windows programmer. I don't need help with the DirectX programming yet I mean all my projects have worked so far so I am doing pretty well. It's the issue I'm having trying to use the Windows GDI to load Bitmaps haha XD
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »

Ok thanks I really appreciate your help guys. And yes I knew you were the Admin. But ok I didn't know he wasn't a windows programmer. I don't need help with the DirectX programming yet I mean all my projects have worked so far so I am doing pretty well. It's the issue I'm having trying to use the Windows GDI to load Bitmaps haha XD

Grin

Yeah dealing with bitmaps always gave me trouble when I was starting out too.
Once I got it figured out, I wrote a class for it and never looked back.

..well until I got bored and wrote another and another and another engine.
Each one different in some way from the previous, each time they got better (as most things do with time)
and writing one is pretty much a cakewalk now.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: