NOGDUS $1670.00 has been donated to NOGDUS!
July 20, 2017, 11:33:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School Project  (Read 3737 times)
HorseFeathers
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »

Next semester Im taking a Strategies in Game Design class, and according to my friend who took it last semester, the final project is to make a small game.
I thought maybe I could stimulate some thought by letting yall in on it Tongue Got any ideas?
Since I havent even started classes yet, theres no rush, and the final project will obviously have to be mine, but it seemed relevant so I thought Id let yall in on it Tongue
I hope this is the section to put this in.
Richard Marks
Administrator

Respect: 3425
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »

Next semester Im taking a Strategies in Game Design class, and according to my friend who took it last semester, the final project is to make a small game.
I thought maybe I could stimulate some thought by letting yall in on it Tongue Got any ideas?
Since I havent even started classes yet, theres no rush, and the final project will obviously have to be mine, but it seemed relevant so I thought Id let yall in on it Tongue
I hope this is the section to put this in.

Awesome Liz!
Definitely keep us posted on that! Smiley

And, yep, you got the right section. Cheesy

RedSlash

Respect: 10
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

Sounds like fun. Keep us posted.
HorseFeathers
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:22:17 PM »

Update! 8-24-09
First day of classes! Omagawsh!
So anyway, I had my first session of the game design class, and frankly its not looking as good as Id hoped. Not the course itself, but theres a bunch of guys that kinda bug me in the class...and we have to work in groups. Not cool
Personal crap aside, the class doesnt look too bad. I guess we are going to be working with a 2D program (I thought Richard would get a kick out of that Tongue). I dont know what the program is yet but he says its got minimal coding so it shouldnt be too bad.
My original ideas for games are far too complex for someone whos never developed any part of a game before, and probably too much to finish before December, so I started staring off into space and feeling around my brain for other ideas.
So far all I got is this: a 2D (or 3D) turn based fighting game, in which the player controls 3 spacey ships. Im horrid at drawing machines, but Ill try to work on some concept sketches to hopefully better explain what I have in mind.
Im still going to have to see how things go, but it seemed like a cool idea so I thought Id toss it out to you guys, and keep yall updated on how the class is going.
HorseFeathers
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:24:20 AM »

Update 2, 8-24-09
Apparently we have to use a program called Torque. I have no idea what it is but my friend who took the class is telling me to gtfo while I still can. Any comments/suggestions?
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »

Since you said 2D, I'm guessing Torque Game Builder.

I've heard both good and bad things about that product.
No first-hand experience with it, so you'll just have to dive in with enthusiasm, patience, and a willingness to learn. Cheesy

Keep us posted on it.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you out. Just because I don't have any first-hand experience with it doesn't mean that I cannot locate the answers to your questions.  Cool

xhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »

Hi Liz !
Sound like I got an idea for you, why don't make a 2D game that help to increase memory, this game is based on showing some kinda of stuff on the screen(let's call it round 1) and then in round 2 the game shows another stuff plus the round 1 stuff,so all you got to do is to select the round1 objects,(or stuff) ,but if you select something from the round2 things, it's just GAME OVER

Regard,xhunter
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »

Bizarre idea Yassine Grin

xhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »

Sound like you don't understand it, maybe I'll do it after finishing the workshop Wink
HorseFeathers
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 02:39:35 PM »

I get it, thats pretty good. And probably a lot more do-able than anything I could come up with.
Richard Marks
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »

Sound like you don't understand it, maybe I'll do it after finishing the workshop Wink
I understand it perfectly.
I was just saying it was a bizarre idea.... which it is.
And I'd love for you to implement it.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: