DirectX Game Engine

(1/2) > >>

Regretfulone:
So I have decided to put my efforts into creating a game engine that will start up everything required for a DirectX program for a standard Win32 program. As soon as I get some progress with it I shall post up a test version of it. Of course I will post a final tested version when that happens. Wish me luck!

Regretfulone:
Well...I just finished my first attempt at creating this game engine and came up with over 130 errors.. - - obviously I'm doing something wrong so it's back to the books and drawing board ha ha. Well I think I'm off to bed for the night because my head hurts XD I shall continue my efforts tomorrow

Richard Marks:
Hehe..

Yeah DirectX is a royal pain to get working properly.

I wish you luck with your project. Don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Regretfulone:
Quote from: Richard Marks on July 13, 2009, 12:23:18 AM

Hehe..

Yeah DirectX is a royal pain to get working properly.

I wish you luck with your project. Don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

ok thanks! yeah I think I know what my problem is though. It has to do with the fact that I tried modeling it after a Windows GDI-based game engine I learned based off another book but I think the book I am working from currently will help a ton. It is all based off DirectX programming and learning game programming so this project might be put on hold for me to learn some more before I attempt it again.

Richard Marks:
Quote from: Regretfulone on July 13, 2009, 11:22:08 PM

ok thanks! yeah I think I know what my problem is though. It has to do with the fact that I tried modeling it after a Windows GDI-based game engine I learned based off another book but I think the book I am working from currently will help a ton. It is all based off DirectX programming and learning game programming so this project might be put on hold for me to learn some more before I attempt it again.

Okay man, good luck!
I'm here to help in any way that I can.
Whats the title of the DirectX book you are reading? If I have it (very likely) then I will be able to help you a lot better. And if not, then I'll get it so I can help you out. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page