NOGDUS
December 09, 2018, 02:00:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Blogs Help Search Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: So, which game wins the contest? (post a short review and say why you chose what you did)  (Voting closed: November 07, 2009, 11:33:32 PM)
Island Adventure - 0 (0%)
Seed of Ruin - 4 (100%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting Poll - NOGDUS October 2009 MGDC  (Read 3867 times)
Richard Marks
Administrator

Respect: 3425

happy

« on: October 31, 2009, 11:33:32 PM »

Okay, Voting begins technically in 30 minutes, but I'm falling asleep, so it starts now. Roll Eyes

It will run for 7 days, and then the winner will be announced based on the votes cast.

The winner will get a "badge" for their entry, and bragging rights. lol Grin

Cast your vote now!

Gnoll

Respect: 20

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:47:11 PM »

I will go with Seed, it has some obvious performance issues, and placeholder art? But game play is superior  Smiley

Both a good effort,
Josh
DeJa Vu
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »

Considering I don't have access to a winblows machine atm....  I can't really vote on game play... However, Island Adventure has some kick ass art work!

kingthomas --- props for making a java based game, will have to go with this one b/c I couldn't play Island Adventure....   :-(

that's my 2cents....

---jeff
Richard Marks
Administrator

Respect: 3425

happy

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

Gah shot myself in the foot there...I made the game on LINUX ..I should have released this build first!
Just added a Linux Binary to my entry post.

I don't have a 32-bit linux machine to build a 32bit linux binary.
If you've got one, and want to build the binary for me...let me know.

kingthomas

Respect: 10

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 01:15:45 AM »

Yes, horrible performance issues, and super rushed artwork, but it is a 48 hour competition. Thanks for the votes!
RedSlash

Respect: 10

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 03:07:42 AM »

And my reviews:
Island Adventure - +1 Art, +1 Originality, -1 Interface. Being an adventure gamer myself, this genre highly appeals to me. Although there were not that many places to explore (understandable given the time constraints), I think if this game was elaborated upon, it could definitely be of my favorite games from Richard. My only complaint is the usage of hidden arrows for navigation.

Seed of Ruin - +1 Design, +1 Difficulty, -1 Performance, -1 Not so original. Levels are challenging and fun to play. My only disappointment is that you chose to base it on another established game rather than to design something completely original. But the touches to the game are very nice.

Since there was no criteria for voting, I would have pitch my vote to Seed for gameplay, fun factor and completeness. I think Island Adventure wins hands down for originality, art and technical execution. If there were enough time and the game was developed further, it would easily be a contender for 1st place.
AzeNaku
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 03:27:13 AM »

I found Island very hard to play. I got that it was basically Myst, which isn't my kind of game.

I voted for Seed. It's easier to get into, and who doesn't like sprites pushing blocks? (Even if the sprites don't work right)
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: