Setting a transparent color in Pixie

<< < (6/8) > >>

Cycl0ne:
Im redrawing the whole screen, but, since im using transparency it looks like this without a clear():

its because the black in the distance is not a sprite :) so im nearly ready to implement darkening. my gfx artist needs a new version of the drawing engine for sprite testing, i just have to build a new one with 1280x800 today :-P but after that.....

the wiki server is also ready. SVN is installed. im still thinking between : Trac or MediaWiki+SVN Plugin. I will have to see.

Mattias Gustavsson:
Ah, I see - yes, you'd need to clear in that case. But you could probably get away with just creating a black Rectangle covering only the part of the screen that needs to be cleared, which I guess would be this:

That way, you avoid clearing pixels which you will later redraw anyway :-)

Cycl0ne:
Yup i did that for performance. only the small recatngle is now cleared.

Richard Marks:
Quote from: Cycl0ne on April 24, 2011, 01:24:30 AM

the wiki server is also ready. SVN is installed. im still thinking between : Trac or MediaWiki+SVN Plugin. I will have to see.

Trac is the better of the two.
My personal preference is to use the git plugin for Trac. I hate SVN with a passion.

Cycl0ne:
hmm im still thinking... trac is good for development. but what pixie needs is more on information/documentation. I would like to see somthing like an online documentation which clearly describes every piece of this engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page