Chu Chu Artwork

(1/3) > >>

Twinja:
Here is something I made for the Chu Chu Mail Order game I just released. I have not implemented the artwork yet, but it should come in one of our updates.

Richard Marks:
The overly blurry background does not suit the composition. The character appears to be created traditionally rather than digitally, and it throws off the piece entirely.
Either create a background using the same medium as the character, or vice versa.

Twinja:
So much for being new and inventive, but thanks for the feedback. I was intending to make a sort of 'Paper Mario' effect. A mix of mediums. The pen lines were adjusted to be a bit lighter than just a straight-black. My intention was for the character to stand out from the background. However, I do understand what you are saying, and artwork is always left to the interpretation of the viewer.

Richard Marks:
Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. And you're right about art being subject to interpretation.

Twinja:
Its OK, I didn't take offense to it. I guess what I'm asking is: what do you think about the color? I was going for sort-of a pastel look for the character's color. I do understand what you are saying, and again, I do appreciate the comment(s).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page